- 4 chicken breast fillets, cut into long thin strips
- 12 wooden or metal skewers
- 1 red onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1 cm slices
- 1 small red capsicum, cut into cubes
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 2 cups steamed rice
- 1 shaved Lebanese cucumber, to garnish
- 1 tablespoon AYAM™ Soya Sauce
- 200ml AYAM™ Coconut Milk
- 220g AYAM™ Malaysian Satay Sauce or Indonesian hot Satay sauce
For the chicken skewers, simply weave the chicken strips onto 8 skewers. Thread the vegetables; the onion wedges, the zucchini slices and the capsicum cubes onto the remaining 4 skewers.
Combined peanut oil, lime juice and Light Soya Sauce and brush the chicken and vegetables with this sauce.
Preheat the grill to high. Grill the chicken and the vegetable skewers for about 3 minutes on each side, until lightly browned for the meat and tender for the vegetables.
Meanwhile, combine the Satay Sauce and coconut milk in a small saucepan and stir over medium heat for 3 minutes, until reduced and thickened.
When ready, serve the skewers on a bed of rice. Generously, spoon over the rich sauce and serve the extra in a little bowl. Garnish with cucumbers which beautifully complement the hot satay.
A simple dish, that not only tastes great, but also looks appetizing.