Dash of vegetable oil
1 to 2 tbsp of AYAM™ Thai Green Curry Paste (depends how hot you want it)
500g diced chicken breast or pre-cut chicken stir fry strips
1 can of 270ml AYAM™ Light Coconut Milk
2 to 3 teaspoons AYAM™ Fish Sauce, to taste
2 to 3 teaspoons lime juice (fresh is best), to taste
2 to 3 teaspoons brown sugar, to taste
150g mange tout/sugar snap peas (or any other veggies you like)
Coriander leaves for serving
- Heat a dash of vegetable oil in a deep saucepan. You can use no oil or spray or if you want a lower calorie version
- When the oil is hot, add the green curry paste and stir for 1-2 minutes by which time you'll be smelling that fragrant paste
- Add the chicken and stir until sealed/browned off, then add the can of light coconut milk. Don't let it boil.
- Then add the fish sauce, lime juice & brown sugar. Taste the sauce and adjust with a bit more of this or a bit more of that according to how you like it.
- Add the broccoli and sugar snaps and keep on the heat till the veggies are cooked. If you use carrots as an alternative they'd need to be sliced and popped in the pan with the chicken at step 3.
- Serve with jasmine rice & coriander on top (if you want).
NB: if the sauce reduces and thickens too much just add a bit of water.